Translate

Blog 109 Sunday 13th May 2012

It is my birthday today and I've been thoroughly spoilt. I have seen or spoken to the majority of my family who have all wished me well.......................................... I can't help thinking; it could have been a lot different. A year ago, I was considering the worst scenario. For it was on the 13th May 2011, a year ago today, I had my CT scan that identified the bowel cancer had now travelled to my lungs. It was just before the scan that the radiologist joked, "Why was I having a scan on my birthday and that I should find better things to do" ..........after the results  I  could not foresee a future much beyond the immediate. Have faith, Keep faith and Make plans ! that is the best way, I found, to get myself out of the doldrums at that time .

As ever, I keep finding stories to read concerning bowel cancer.

Statins 'cut risk of bowel cancer': Danger 'halved' by cholesterol-busting pills
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2143264/Statins-cut-risk-bowel-cancer-Danger-halved-cholesterol-busting-pills.html#ixzz1umUGjVV5.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE SURE TO READ THE COMMENTS SECTION ............Comments Section  by persons on Statins

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Happy birthday, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the day.