Translate

Blog 156 Thursday 28th March 2013

I was previously given a "Two week fast track referral"for colonoscopy CT Scan and blood tests, all in all it has turned out quite un-remarkable. Although I await the definitive results it appears I have been checked to exclude microscopic COLITIS.

Diagnosis Of Microscopic Colitis

In microscopic colitis, the colon generally appears normal on sight. Therefore, a colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy might not show any evidence of disease. In some patients there may be areas of swelling or redness in the colon, but these may be difficult to see.
In order to make a diagnosis, several biopsies must be taken from the colon during a colonoscopy. These biopsies will preferably come from several different areas in the colon. The hallmark signs of the disease can then be seen microscopically on biopsy tissue, hence the name

During the colonoscopy I had eight biopsy's taken from different parts of the colon I was under sedation of (Midazolam hydrochloride) thank goodness but awake and viewing the complete procedure on a VDU monitor. I was extremely relieved that further cancerous lesions were not found.
I await the histology...............

I sometimes have persons contact me via the blog to highlight an issue of importance to them, we are normally connected with one thing in common to raise awareness of cancer. One such lady Susan Vento has contacted me from the US In her own words ......................................

My name is Susan Vento. My husband Bruce Vento was a member of the US House of Representatives—until October 10th, 2000, when everything changed. Bruce died of pleural mesothelioma—a rare disease caused by asbestos exposure that kills 90-95% of those who have it. Not many people know about this terrible disease, which lead me to reach out to you; I noticed that you have an influential cancer blog full of great information. I am hoping you will help me spread awareness about asbestos cancers and help to protect the rights of those who have been affected by mesothelioma and other cancers.
I am spokesperson for a great online resource called the Asbestos Cancer Victims’ Rights Campaign (cancervictimsrights (dot) org) that fights to protect cancer victims and their families. I wrote a blog piece (cancervictimsrights (dot) org/my-story-opposition-to-the-fact-act-susan-vento/) and would love if you could read it, share it and incorporate your thoughts. Your support, and the support of your online community, can make the difference to ensure justice for all cancer victims and their loved ones.
Thank you for joining me in my fight to educate people about such a deadly disease. Our ultimate goal is to help those who have suffered from all forms of cancer in their struggle to seek health and justice.

4 comments:

Myra + Iain said...

It has been a long time since your entry of last Friday - now we can breathe again!

Love to you all, Myra & Iain

Chaotic Serenity said...

I have never heard of microscopic colitis before or of pleural mesothelioma. I'll definitely be researching them. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing with us. God bless you!! One of my friends was diagnosed with stage 3 Bowel cancer, I am happy that she is cancer free.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing with us. God bless you!! One of my friends was diagnosed with stage 3 Bowel cancer, I am happy that she is cancer free.