Translate

Blog 172 Monday 29th July 2013

The saying goes "If it doesn't rain........... it pours" or something like that. Following my most recent operation, I developed severe pain across my abdomen and had to attend an emergency out of hours clinic.This pain is not associated with  the thoracic laminectomy, that pain, which is still very evident across my back . The severe pain in my abdomen was accompanied by disturbingly; blood in my urine. I was sent to the urology department of Kettering Hospital where I am undergoing several further tests. Today after some tests I learnt I had an enlarged prostrate and extremely high level of  Creatinine in my urine. A further (yet another) CT scan on my lower abdomen has been ordered and a flexible cystoscopy  request marked "urgent". I just want to warn all you blokes out there if you watch this procedure on UTube it will make your eyes water!!!!! and Yes Iain P, I am going for the all time record on medical procedures!!! As with everything else because of my history with  bowel cancer the hospital are doing everything on the hurry up. "What has this got to do with bowel cancer"? we shall see I certainly feel my best interests are at heart and the cancer surveillance kicks in once again.