Translate

Blog 118 Monday 30th July 2012

Early diagnosis of bowel cancer saves lives........I am ever thankful to my wife Wendy who kept nagging me to go back to the doctors when my symptoms of diarrhoea didn't go away, I was diagnosed with Bowel Cancer at an advanced stage and ever thankful to the doctors surgeons and nurses who gave me the second chance.........................you can get lots of information from                 www.bowelcanceruk.org.uk 

 Information & Support freephone:                      0800 8403540

East Midlands Cancer Network has asked Bowel Cancer UK for help in contacting local colon or rectal cancer survivors. The Cancer Network is a useful resource for local information for cancer patients, their friends and relatives and Health Professionals from the East Midlands area. East Midland Cancer Network understands that many patients following treatment for a colon or rectal cancer face many and varied challenges which may not be met by their local hospital team.
To this end they are planning to make a DVD which will be handed to patients and carers six weeks after their treatment is completed. The Cancer Network would like to interview 5 patients about their experiences.
In addition, they are also looking to film 5 patients to share these experiences. .In my attempts to spread the word Bowel Cancer UK has asked if I would be a willing participant to be interviewed for a DVD and filmed whilst sharing experiences. WELL I recently jumped at the chance of being interviewed "ON AIR" for Northampton Radio and being photographed for the local paper which highlighted this blog.....................so if I can help persons embarking on the rehabilitation period after treatment then bring it on.

 

No comments: