Translate

Blog 149 Monday 11th February 2013

Thick snow overnight and my scan today. Thankfully the scan is later on today at 4.30pm. My eldest son Jonathan was coming through from Oxfordshire to support me, but, due to the snow I sent a text to put him off. Nevertheless as I suspected, he turned up anyway!! It was great to see him and have him with me travelling to Northampton and waiting, the time goes so much quicker. I spoke to the radiologist of my fears................. the last two scans have revealed cancer in my lungs. The radiologist is obviously not allowed to say anything, good or bad, which is probably for the best.

In my previous blog post, I mentioned that I had contacted the editor of the `Corby Eye', a local news read. I wanted a brief mention  to raise awareness of bowel cancer. To cut a long story short Kevin, the editor, has offered a fortnightly column !!!  brilliant ..................."Where to start" Mmmmmmmmm

I also came up with a fund raising plan which Kevin will help me with. My closer network will know that I draw ..Pastel to be exact..... and have recently exhibited some of my work in a local gallery. The plan is to auction my works in aid of Bowel Cancer UK the sort of work that will be exhibited is the originals of :-
 


I'm hoping this is not a hair brain idea but if I can raise some cash for Bowel Cancer UK through selling some of my original pastels thats gotta be good, details have yet to be arranged but I'm quite looking forward to it.
      

No comments: