Translate

Blog 102 Tuesday 10th April 2012

Finally ......................I will be attending The Three Shires Hospital in Cliftonville Northampton tomorrow at 13.50 to remove the Porta Cath in my chest. The Porta Cath is a wonderful device is inserted completely under the skin via surgery and takes the Chemotherapy drugs without fear of infection. It can take approximately 1000 injections before it needs replacing.  I have been very fortunate having my Chemo at home via the above it made it all so easy. Having said that I haven't really got on with it, Its become quite sore and irritating especially when trying to sleep.The last remnants reminding me of the cancer and a journey that has lasted almost three years. My consultant for tomorrow is David A Ratliff MD FRCP FRCS Vascular, Laparoscopic and Endocrine Surgeon. My son Matthew & his galfriend Timone are safely back from Australia and will be driving me to/from hospital. I'm warned no driving for 48hours after the surgery............Brilliant !!!!!!Wendy will have to drive when we visit our friends Iain & Myra next weekend.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Time to celebrate properly then eh? Well done and a big hug for you & Wendy! Xx