Translate

Blog 106 Monday 30th April 2012

Spreading the word about Bowel Cancer and  as a volunteer for Bowel Cancer UK,  I have recently been interviewed by Hannah at "Northants News" my article, "Cancer Survivor Blogs Experiences" can be read Here . I am also going to be interviewed "On Air" by BBC's John Griff  this week, John does a great show about local stories and local people.

You can listen to my interview with John Griff "Live" HERE at 2pm GMT on Thursday 3rd May.

The more I hear about people dying from Bowel Cancer, the more I think........ `Surely they experienced some symptoms.......blood in their poo, or a change in bowel habits for a few weeks....... Diarrhoea maybe ...........a pain or a lump in the abdomen extreme tiredness for no reason. It is important to have yourself checked out quickly, or get more info from a trained person at Bowel Cancer UK , 0800 8 40 35 40.

I originally went to my Doctor with some of these symptoms. I was 45 years old at the time. My Doctor sent me away with a diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Mydiagnosis was wrong, Bowel Cancer took hold and started to grow eventually spreading to my lungs.

The UK Government only send out Bowel Cancer screening kits for people between 60 and 69 years old. Fifteen years after my symptoms started would would have been too late for me......... thankfully I am one of the lucky ones,  my Bowel Cancer was caught in time......................  

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Hello John and Wendy – just found your blog and wanted to say hello. Good luck on your journey and we’ll be following along.

Symptoms of Bowel Cancer said...

I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks...