Translate

Blog 112 Monday 4th June 2012

 Bowel Cancer UK volunteer week 1 - 7 June It was a very nice surprise this week, to get a "Thank you" card, and volunteer certificate, not to mention a decadent bar of chocolate, through the post.

It reminded me of the reason that I originally became a volunteer for Bowel Cancer UK. I wanted to tell everyone of my journey through Bowel Cancer then realised that having reached over 40 countries through my blog, my exposure via the Corby Evening Telegraph and Northampton Radio that I could possibly make a difference.

Now I am hoping that I may be able to raise awareness and make people think about the symptoms they may be experiencing in order to prevent to them, what happened to me. I am very lucky, that after all those years, a misdiagnosis, on-going  symptoms  and two major operations that I have been given the all clear. I caught Bowel Cancer early enough to make the difference. I now understand Bowel Cancer and so should you
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Congratulations on your certificate and the chocolate bar – what a great treat in acknowledging your efforts. Keep on advocating for the awareness of bowel cancer.