Translate

Blog 115 Friday 30th June 2012

My MRI scan was quite eventful, whilst waiting and dressed only in the open backed, blue hospital, gown, an unfortunate sedated soul was wheeled through from the hospital A&E on a hospital bed,  and immediately wheeled into the MRI suite, an entourage of doctors followed, this unfortunate soul took my place which I gladly gave up, there is always others worst off than yourself..................

I was therefore quite late going in for my MRI scan compared to my original appointment time.  I always get quite claustraphobic whilst being drawn into the machine and always try and think of other things .........this time a song by Pink Floyd, popped into my head, "Welcome to the Machine" 

The MRI was a lot louder than I remembered,  headphones on and with my panic button in hand it was soon over. My MRI took approximately 30 minutes, and the wait for the results begins...  

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Glad it was a painless experience. Good luck with the waiting - that's really the trickiest part.

Myra + Iain said...

30 minutes in the MRI machine? You should try something really hard, like 12 wet days in a campervan in Southern Ireland! Just to let you know we are still here, watching closely. Love to you, Wendy and Hope.