Translate

Blog 153 Tuesday 12th March 2013

Sunday 10th March was Mothers Day in UK. It was also exactly a year to the day that my father died. I took a gift but unable to celebrate as I knew that my mums thoughts were with my father. My thoughts were also with my sons who lost their mother a year ago January. The weather was dreadful and the snow was closing in all around. With a three hour journey home I left on Monday to get back home, I left the south coast just in time, the weather closed in and during the late afternoon the main M23 and A23 London to Brighton Road was in passable trapping people for up to 10 hours.

Today I had a my bowel cancer consultants clinic at 11.30am normally these clinics are straight forward but today I had a prostate test ( digitus medius ) :((  All you guys will understand what that means..................... following the prostate test I also had a sigmoidoscopy   (click on the link if you dare)

It was all quite un nerving as the clinic does not normally follow this track. I was then told I needed to give blood for the CEA Tests  Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) is a protein found in many types of cells but associated with tumors. CEA is tested in blood. The normal range is <2.5 ng/ml in an adult non-smoker.The main use of CEA is as a tumor marker. The most common cancers that elevate CEA are in the colon and rectum.

As I left the consultant stated he was sending me for an urgent Colonoscopy and further CT SCan
Diagram showing how a colonoscopy is performed
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in our thoughts and prayers