Translate

Blog 155 Friday 22nd March 2013

Once again snow covers the ground overnight. Anyone visiting UK this time of year may think it should be a lot milder, be warned it is freezing! Hope's school breaks up next week for two weeks and Wendy is on a two week holiday break for Easter. We were looking to go away for Easter but on Tuesday next week 26th March, I have the dreaded Colonoscopy (see previous blog) in the morning and then a CT Scan in the evening. These tests were ordered by the consultant, after I visited the colorectal clinic. I haven't had a colonoscopy for two years but remember the awful solution that you have to drink. "Klean-Prep" Four sachets to be exact, thats four litres over a period of 4 hours, whilst running to the loo in between.  For anyone experiencing Klean-Prep for the first time it tastes so much better with Lime cordial added. Two days before the examination you are only allowed to eat things like boiled chicken and white fish. I checked back on this blog to my previous colonoscopy and saw that the last time I ate kedgeree (flaked fish rice and bolied eggs) you should add curry spices but I'm not allowed!!  One day before exam NO Eating ! Just Klean-Prep.

No comments: