Translate

Blog 164 Wednesday 5th June 2013

The surgical procedure to remove the growth from my spinal column was explained in graphic detail and as with all surgical procedures there is the obvious associated risks. BUT I'm sure all fellow sufferers will agree, I just want the thing out. It has no place invading my spine. I am actually looking forward to the procedure, ...........................can't wait, it will be another small victory against cancer.

If you refer back to the picture on Blog 162 and the nobbley boney bits of the spine (labelled spinous process) at T6 and T7 level, these will be drilled and cut away to gain access. The growth will then be `plucked' out of its hidey hole. The  Nobbley bits are then discarded (apparently we don't need them) and the growth will be sent for analysis. My Moving Minds therapist has taught me how to be as positive as possible during these times, It didn't work for a few days I was a mess!! but now ready to get on with it.
 

3 comments:

Myra + Iain said...

Hello you *****y fool, were are here again; love to you all.
Myra & Iain

Tricia said...

Thats the John we know and love!With you Wendy Hope & Jack all the way x Bill and Tricia x

Tricia said...

Thats the John we know and love! With you all all the way x Bill & Tricia x