Translate

Blog 165 Wednesday 12th June 2013

My case was discussed yesterday between Mr Richard Stacey, Consultant Neurosurgeon and ,
Dr Pieter Pretorius Specialty: Neuroradiology (Diagnostic)  Consultant Neuroradiologist  at Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals.

I have been told by Richard Stacey that I am a "very interesting case" (I don't want to be interesting to a neurosurgeon, I want to be boring) apparently if it was a tumour the MRI contrast imaging should have shown the cystic lesion on my spine as "enhanced"  and it didn't.
As a result of the boffins meeting it has been concluded that this lesion on my spine is of, uncertain origin......... and the fact that it does not enhance during contrast, does make a metastatic tumour or meningioma much less likely................................................??

Hooray.............I think .... Hey! its 11mm in size sitting on my spine and I want it out.

Understandably there is caution amongst the boffins, as given my history of bowel cancer and the metastases to  my lungs, ......................but the waiting is killing me.............cant believe I said that.

I have another appointment in Oxford with neurosurgeon Richard Stacey next week Monday 17th June, this is just before Wendy's birthday and a couple of days before the day I promised to help move my youngest son into his first home.

Bowel Cancer

Please understand the Symptoms of Bowel Cancer

Read More :http://www.beatingbowelcancer.org/bowel-cancer-symptoms


There is plenty of information out there if you have any concerns

http://www.bowelcanceruk.org.uk/contact-us/



 

No comments: