Translate

Blog 167 Monday 24 June 2013

Waiting anxiously for the phone to ring for the results of my recent MRI Scan on my head and brain. Yes,..... I've had the usual jokes of "Are they likely to find anything in there" even my surgeon said "I'm not expecting to find anything" then quickly corrected his sentence.

Thoracic Laminectomy

The operation on my back/spine is scheduled for the 5th July 2013 and is a Thoracic Laminectomy .
(Click on link). If you view the link of a Thoracic Laminectomy you will see a spinal supporting structure.  I may not need the supporting structure as depicted in the video depending how many of the knobbly bony bits are removed.......

I'm sure the wait is just in case they do find something from the recent scan.  My surgeon, Mr Stacey has chosen to perform the op at the John Radcliffe in Oxford as it is a fully functioning 24/7 teaching hospital, which has a myriad of expertise and geared up for any eventuality day or night. Very reassuring if anything should go wrong, however with my new found optimism it will be a walk in the park..............................I'm sure.

I also want to say a Hugh thank you to everyone following my ramblings on this blog, I can see on the cluster map the same locations are coming up time and time again "THANK YOU " it is because of you lovely people out there that I carry on, I find it very therapeutic, and hope I am making a difference in some small way.

Its all about raising awareness of Bowel Cancer.

 When cancer's found at an early stage, treatment is often easier and more likely to be successful. So finding cancer sooner rather than later can make a real difference.
(click on this link)
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CANCER

1 comment:

colorectal cancer said...

it is a horrible disease, people should take care of their diet, as this is primarily caused by consuming high energy snacks.