Translate

Blog 87 Tuesday 7th February 2012

Today is the 11th Chemotherapy session and it is all boringly normal. I have been fitted with the Folfuser Fluorouracil to be infused over the next 46 hours. The warning on the bottle is very clear
"Cytotoxic - handle with care" I am extremely pleased that I have had the opportunity of the Chemotherapy, but boy, will I be glad when it is over! If I can give any advice, for anyone starting on this journey, for the first time, Don't fret, the sessions come around and go very quickly. You will get some or most of the side effects that you will read about, there's lots of information out there of how to deal with this. Take a loved one with you when attending appointments, especially the Oncologist. I got into the habit, of asking the Oncologist to write down the name of drugs, treatments and any information that I didn't understand. I then looked it up on line to understand fully. Stay active and positive...... I have got into a routine of regularly walking the dog, in different locations. I have started a small business, business plan, marketing plan, website, flyer's, business cards, targeting business. All the information is available on-line or library. I have also started to decorate the hallway !!!!! (I was pressurised to do that).
But above all remember each session is doing you good......................and there is a lot of available support out there, write a blog its great hearing from others, join Twitter............... I have learnt there is a lot of people out there far worst of than me.......................

No comments: