Translate

Blog 90 Tuesday 21st February 2012

My Chemotherapy journey started in September 2011 (Blog 36) and here I am contemplating my last session over the next two days I am looking forward to Getting my life back on track as a Cancer Survivor . Since being hooked up this morning I have had enforced sleeps on and off. I have also developed some pain in the left side of my ribs, on the site of my previous (July 2011) chest operation. My nurse in attendance told me to contact Mr Waller my Thoracic surgeon. I am waiting for a call back, as my next appointment with Mr Waller is not until March 13th' I don't feel I should wait. My CT Scan is March 5th (fingers crossed) but the results are not until 13th March at the time of the Mr Waller appointment.  Please check out this website and pass it on its got some good articles on healthy eating for cancer patients, early diagnosis and lots more  http://www.everydayhealth.com/cancer/index.aspx

Wendy's Blog

It is John's last week of chemo, thank goodness for that. When we started on this journey the end looked so far away, quite daunting really. I think it was more the unknown, we have heard all different horror stories about chemo and cancer and it was this that was at the back of our minds.

Well it wasn't as bad as we imagined apart from a short stay in hospital it has been relatively un eventful....fantastic. We have been extremely blessed that it has gone so smoothly and it is in a large part down to John's positive outlook and determination to continue with day to day tasks. Yes he has been tired  and occasionally a bit down but he woke up each day and dealt with each day as they came, with his positive attitude.

I am proud of John and the way he has dealt with this hurdle in his life.....well done love!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Fantastic news John so pleased its nearly complete! Time to celebrAte after xx

John Naisbit said...

Thanks for the support Joanne