Translate

Blog 122 Monday 10th September 2012

Today, my Oncologist, gave me the devastating result of my recent CT Scan., a tumour has once again, invaded my left lung,  If you have read my blog previously, you may remember that in July 2011, I had an operation on both lungs to remove a total of 5 tumours. The operation was reported a success. A CT Scan was ordered after the conclusion of Chemotherapy in March of this year, and via blog 97, I reported that I had been given the "all clear".

The euphoria of "beating" cancer has been short lived. Now, I find myself being sent for a  PET Scan  (Positron Emission Tomography) possibly this Friday. A PET scan gives a higher resolution imaging and is used in conjunction with the CT for a much more detailed picture. (please click on the link for explanation) My lung surgeon Mr Waller of the Spire Hospital in Leicester, has been contacted by oncologist Craig MacMillan in preparation for surgery. I telephoned the Medical Insurance company "Simply Health" to keep them updated.....my sons, and my mother ...............and it all starts again.

I was foolish thinking that I could beat bowel cancer in such a short time. I was once told that the first five years are the longest. You are not officially a "Survivor" until after five years. I was confident that I had beaten the disease after the Chemotherapy, instead I took it on holiday to France with me..............................I am still fighting it and keeping upbeat and positive. Wendy is, as always very supportive, but I can see it is hurting her, especially after the news that I will not necessarily be offered Chemotherapy for a second time............as it didn't work, I wonder what else we have in the ...................arse-nal  !!!!!!! There is also lots of help for the loved ones of cancer patients MacMillan Cancer support I have been in contact with MacMillan when I was first diagnosed and they are very informative and helpful.


Wendy's Blog

The first time we found out that John had bowel cancer, I treated it the same way I treat life.....let us live it and get on with it. No mental anguish!! The second time it hit me really hard, I think it took me three weeks to once again face it head on, deal with it and get on with life. Today......I don't know? How do I support John, Hope and the boys....how do we cope? I know that this time it will take awhile but we will get over it and get on with life. I love my husband and my "kids" and I will do anything to protect them.........

No comments: