Translate

Blog 123 Thursday 13th September 2012

I have an emergency PET Scan tomorrow 14th September at GMT 15.50 I have been told to fast for 6 hours prior and arrive one hour before in order to receive a radio active injection, then lay back for an hour before the scan begins which should last about an hour phew!!!!!  My newly acquired tumour in my lung will soon be history!!!!!!!!!!!

A year ago today via blog 33, I wrote..................

"It has been two years, almost to the day, that a colonoscopy revealed my colon cancer in advanced stages. It has been four months to the day that a CT scan revealed polyp's on my lungs had changed in size and increased in number. Since then Ive been pushed, prodded, injected, anaesthetised, sedated, incised, clamped, stapled stitched and sewn. I have eleven incision scars across my torso, soon to be twelve. Ive attended Nine different medical establishments on two different continents for various procedures. I have seen more of my internal organs via video, photos and on surgeons VDU monitors than I have ever seen of my back, (for instance) ................but in all this time I have never felt ill.............. never felt as if I'm sick .........never felt unwell with the cancer, probably because I was lucky and caught it in time...............................".


I can now add to the above list a further two incisions soon to be five more and having been slowly poisoned with the toxic chemotherapy drugs, and to become "radio active" during my next PET Scan, I have been told I must not come into contact with children or pregnant woman for 6 hours after the PET Scan.

I have never felt unwell except with the chemotherapy.  With the latest Tumour now discovered, growing in my left lung. I am frustrated...................................... if I had left it to the NHS again, I would not have had a CT scan until July 2013, and this current tumour would probably have been my death sentence,  It is only because I have had the benefit of private health care that this latest tumour has been discovered so early, a CT scan ordered by the private health care Oncologist a full 10 months prior to the NHS Scan !

Sorry if I sound a bit tetchy today, but originally I had a mis - diagnosis by an NHS Doctor in Worthing of Irritable Bowel Syndrome all those years ago and it later took an Australian doctor to find my bowel cancer.

After this last episode I feel let down by the NHS thank goodness for private health care, even if it only prolongs my life by another  couple of years, it will be two more years with my family. Thank you to the family and friends for all the prayers the Lord is truly looking after me..................  

No comments: