Translate

Blog 132 Sunday 14th October 2012

Today was my fathers birthday, he died earlier this year aged 93 years. My wife  Wendy had an opportunity to participate in the Perkins 5k Fun Run she did so in my fathers honour, and to raise money for the "The blind Veterans UK" . My father was an Eighth Army "Desert Rat"  in the second world war and a commander of a tank regiment. In later years he lost his sight and St Dunstans in Sussex helped him tremendously. St Dunstans is now known as The Blind Veterans UK . Wendy completed the fun run in brilliant sunshine this morning in Peterborough. There were hundreds of people running for different charities, you may donate to this fantastic cause HERE  

Under normal circumstances Wendy would have run for Bowel Cancer UK due to my condition, but it was poignant that this run was arranged on my fathers birthday

I was not able to run, as I only had my stitches out on Friday last week and I am still in a lot of pain. I am due to see the nurse again on Monday 15th October to assess the wounds and then an appointment with my Surgeon Mr Waller has been set for 23rd October. I will then enter the early warning treadmill of the scans.........................I will now be passed back to my Oncologist Mr Craig MacMillan. As I have more treatments and surgery, it appears to take longer to get over it .................or is it because I'm getting older??mmm

No comments: