Translate

Blog 136 Wednesday 31st October 2012

Happy Halloween!! We have just got back from a few days R&R in the Cairngorms National Park Scotland. I was not able to do much walking but the scenery was breathtaking, especially as most of the Cairngorms are snow capped. We had a lovely stay at the Dunallen Guest House in
Grantown-on-Spey. Thanks once again to our hosts David and Jayne.

After three lots of anti biotics my incisions are eventually healing nicely. On our return from Scotland a message had been left on the answer machine from my Oncologist Craig MacMillan. I have an appointment on Saturday 3rd November 2012. I am hoping that I am offered Chemotherapy for a second time. I previously blogged that Craig MacMillan, said that he would not necessarily offer me Chemo again, as it had not worked and I had suffered severe side effects. My Thoracic surgeon Mr Waller, reported that the tumours removed from my lung on this occasion, had been effected by the chemo but had continued to grow. With the return of the bowel cancer to my lung, I want the chemo even with the side effects. I am sure that Craig MacMillan is very concerned after the chemo drug Oxaliplatin  that gave me the Tinnitus that has effected me so badly.

November is just around the corner. I will be so glad when this year is over. Its been a horrible year starting in January with the passing of my former wife, Janice, who was battling cancer, and which has devastated my sons, to the passing of my father in March. Chemotherapy with its side effects and further ops on my lungs after the cancer has returned. Bring on 2013 I am optimistic it will be better much better !!!!     

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Test for Bowl Cancer' Daily telegraph Sat. Nov 3rd 2012. Australia.

Australian scientists believe they are on the brink of delivering an affordable blood test to identify bowl cancer.
At the moment, screening relies on people returning stool sample kits they receive in the mail.
But less than 40 per cent of eligible Australians participate in the free federal government program.
The new blood test has been developed by biotech company Clinical Genomics in collaboration with the CSIRO and Flinders University in Adelaide.
It could be commercially available by late 2013.
The blood test is currently being trialled on 3000 patients, with results detecting 73 per cent of cancers.