Translate

Blog Nine Friday 8th July 2011

My Pre - Operative Assessment is now booked for Friday 15th July 2011 at the Spire Leicester Hospital now what do I do for a week without driving my family mad ! Well I have agreed to decorate the downstairs loo and I have started wine making again. One gallon of red wine is already made, so  the loo may look a bit odd when its finished !! The one thing I'm really not looking forward to regarding the operation (apart from the urinary catheter) is the chest drains, these are flexible plastic tubes that will be coming out of both sides of my chest, due to both lungs being operated on simultaneously. These are there to help keep my lungs inflated after the operation, by removing air from the chest with the help of suction. The drains will be connected to a  pump on the wall behind the bed and the pump applies suction until my lungs stay up by themselves. (OK you can call me Dyson from now on) The drains also remove unwanted fluid from around the lungs. The one reason I'm really not looking forward to this is "How does one sleep" ? Anyway onward and upward we are finally set.

Wendy

One word...........morphine!!!!!!!!!

Hope

 Hello again this is the 8.7.11 today, and last night I started to cry on my own and I was talking to God, and praying before with my mummy, and then my daddy came up and I cried with him.This is just a short blog just to let you know how I'm getting on with my daddy so goodbye for now.      

No comments: