Translate

Blog Six - Saturday 2nd July 2011

John
OK, so still do not know when the operation is going to be, so far we believe early August.  Glad to see the cluster map is filling up !!!!! thanks you guys it's great to see people are following my ramblings you wont know how theraputic that is.  Also heard that Wendy's mum, Sue, may be coming over from SA if visa's can be sorted, that will be great.  I haven't said much so far about Wendy and Hope. "Yes its my Blog Its all about me!!!" but seriously, Wendy and Hope have been fantastic, but they  also need support and more so as things progress. We have had our tears together but are staying positive . Hope remains as cheerful as ever, wakes with a massive smile on her face every morning, but knows exactly whats going on. Just in case, we have told the school what is happening with me and in her life so they can monitor any mood swings.  Hope continuously gives me cuddles and hugs and often wispers she's worried and scared for me, she is so grown up for her nine years. I am now very tearful.............. 

I seem to wake up early every morning, yesterday 4.45am, this morning 5am always with what I am calling "My silly little cough" I seem to have developed a cough its probably psychological but never the less its there ! Wendy and I are considering how we can have the operation on my lungs brought forward, as waiting for August will drive me insane. We have an option of going private through Wendy's company health care scheme, unfortunately it doesn't cover "Spire" hospitals where Mr Waller practices. We have made several phone calls and await reply from Mr Wallers secretary. Mr Waller is going on holiday for two weeks (very well deserved I'm sure) so this is delaying things ..............I have been told that my stay in hospital will be approximately five days I will have drains in both lungs which will remain after the operation for the duration of my stay..... I always sleep on my side !!!!! obviously not during my stay in hospital I won't.........

Hope's blog
Hello I'm Hope and I am John's dughter and I would like to talk about my feelings and oh at the moment I am 9 so I'm quite sad so lets begin.Once apon a time there was a man called John and he had bowl cancer It was an upset for his daughter Hope because she was very young.Heres what Hope said when her parents told her the bad news,well she didn't really say anything she just burst out in tears she didn't like it when anyone in her family had to have an operation but she was very brave when her dad went into hospital.Hope held his hand and made him a huge get well card it looked very nice.Hope was very sad but she new that her dad was in the perfect place and stayed strong.BUT!!!!! After a while back in Engaland Hope's dad's bowl cancer moved up to his lungs yes LUNGS!!!!! She didn't want him to have another operation so she thought about him all day everyday she is still sad from this day on goodbye and that was my feelings.

1 comment:

pennyp said...

Hi John,
Sorry to hear that you are costing the National Health Service so much money -you always were trouble -always lifting my fence and drinking my wine. However having survived us as neighbours this latest episode will be a piece of cake- I know that you will stay positive,our thoughts, and prayers- I will take up religion on this occasion, are with you and your family.
Best wishes
John (ex dancing partner) & Penny xxxx