Translate

Blog Thirteen Saturday 16th July 2011

Pre - Op went well ECG, bloods, height, weight (How much?!!) The Spire Leicester is very nice but typically private hospital. MRSA is viewed differently as, quote; "They do not have the same problems as a NHS hospital"  so hence a smaller bottle of antiseptic wash and no antiseptic thing to stick up my nose, as was given in the NHS ....I will still be using the NHS stuff! the whole experience reminds you why, if you have medical insurance use it, no tariff per hour parking, parking straight away next to the entrance, nobody in the waiting room, and good free coffee!!!!!. I am certainly not knocking the NHS but luckily we have had medical insurance through Wendy's work for the last few years, even in Australia so we have been blessed. I also had to sign my life away on numerous forms filling in health questionnaire's, searching my memory, of exactly when that happened and dates in that hospital. Wendy seems to have all that information on the tip of her tongue she even knew our individual blood groups........its a bonus marrying a younger person when the memory starts to fade !!!!!!  I started getting quite apprehensive when I saw the signs to the special care unit and ward where I will be spending five days after the op.

Hope has been very tearful the last couple of days. Last night she was sobbing, that she didn't want me to go into hospital. When we got to the bottom of it and discussed it she wants me to get better but doesn't want the surgeon to hurt me !!!!!!!

Wendy

Last week before the schools break for the summer holidays, it is a good thing that I have been a Manager for as long as I have.....delegation for this week has not only gone down wards but up wards as well. Thanks to my Managers and boss. I have decided that as I will be on my own at the hospital waiting for John to come out of the operation I will do my Marketing I need to do for next term. This time I won't have a 7 year old to keep me occupied and as I am on my own will go spare with worry if I did not have something to do.

I will certainly get to know the road between home and the hospital, as it is we pass a rather famous fast food restuarant on the way....so John and I had a laugh the other day, we can just imagine Hope!
"Muuuuuuuuum I have been such a good brave girl today, I deserve a treat!!!!!!!! Can we please have McDoanlds....." You know what, we will stop and I will get her, her treat.

2 comments:

pennyp said...

Message for Hope.........Hope, Uncle John and me, Auntie Penny have been looking after lots of different dogs and one of them is a Welsh Springer Spaniel, just like Holly & Tess but a different colour. His name is Sprocket and is just 9 months old, he is so funny and very lovely, you'd love him. I have got a lot of funny photographs I want to show you, if you let me know the best way to do this for you I can show you all the naughty things he gets up to!!!
I can tell you are being a very brave, strong little girl for Daddy & Mummy.....I think you will get to go to McDonalds, not once but a few times....A Treat is what every little girl deserves. Lots & Lots of love Auntie Penny. xxxx

pennyp said...

Glad pre-op went well John..........How Much?????? you never are, are you??? hee hee......xxxx