Translate

Blog 94 Tuesday 6th March 2012

Yesterday, I attended at The Leicester Spire Hospital for my CT Scan. The CT scan was ordered by my Thoracic Surgeon to confirm, or otherwise that the Chemotherapy has worked! As usual, the back to front gown didn't fit, and a white dressing gown, given to hide my embarrassment, was also a few sizes to small. The staff were not equipped to use  my Porta Cath for the injection of Iodine contrast, so a canulla was fitted in my right arm "Just a small scratch"...............Why do they say that? its not, and it hurts like hell !!! When fitted up with the injection via canulla the machine takes over and injects automatically at the precise time. My thoughts turn to the lethal injection on death row as seen in many US movies, the mechanism must be the same. Why did I think about that ?? It was all over very quickly. Now, a six day wait for the scan results. Today I went for my reflexology by Integrated Cancer Therapies as previously blogged, a charity that caters for cancer patients in  Northamptonshire. Wow what a relaxation!!. and has gone a long way to bringing back the feeling I had lost in the soles of my feet through the side effects of the Chemotherapy.

No comments: