Translate

Blog 98 Friday 16th March 2012

With the passing of Janice in January, my first wife and mother of my three sons,  and the passing of my father this month, the year 2012 so far, has not been good. My news of being given the "All Clear" has been a bit of an anti climax. I am relieved and pleased obviously, but no celebrations. Its Mothers day on Sunday 18th March (In UK) but what must my sons be going through and feeling when they see all the Mothers Day gifts and cards in the shops, and what do I give my mother?, just a few days before my fathers funeral on the 21st March .......... Wendy and I have sent flowers to my mother for Mothers Day as a gesture and we will be thinking of her, but I'm sure she will not be celebrating or thinking of herself.

It is the family wish, that any donations, in place of flowers go to  St Dunstans . Dad was registered blind for a number of years and St Dunstans, which is a charity for visually impaired veterans, helped and supported in many ways.

Tomorrow at 10am,  I visit my Oncologist at the Three Shires in Northampton, hopefully for the last time.. Dr Craig MacMillan has been very good over the course of the last six months chemotherapy.  Arrangements will be made by Dr MacMillan to remove my Porta Cath which will signal the final demise of the Cancer that has invaded me, and finally I can say "I have kicked cancer's butt"......................but I'm sure I will always be looking over my shoulder.        

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you