Translate

Blog 99 Friday 23rd March 2012

Contemplating my fathers funeral two days ago, one thing will always stay with me in my thoughts of that day. My fathers coffin was draped in the "Union Flag", I'm not sure why I was surprised, as he fought his way through the 2nd world war in the desert rats. It made me very proud that this was almost a final thank you to him for what he had endured all those years ago. My Dad sometimes enjoyed a Whiskey (or two) and I made sure I had a Whiskey (or two) after his funeral, in the memory of a very great man. Paul McCartney and Wings song "Picasso's last words" came to mind.

The grand old painter died last night
His painting' s on the wall
Before he went, he bade us well
And said goodnight to us all
Drink to me, drink to my health
You know I can't drink any more
Drink to me, drink to my health
You know I can't drink any more


........................................................and finally ...............on our return home; a letter from Mr Ratliff's secretary from  the Three Shires hospital in Northampton was waiting for me. It was concerning my Porta Cath. My Porta Cath will be removed on the 11th April, day surgery and home the same day ..........Yeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh  !!!!!!!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Yeeeeaaahhhhh! another whiskey to celebrate x