Translate

Blog 56 Friday 4th November 2011

This week has been a sad time for all of us but especially my wife Wendy, as during the week she lost a very dear "Uncle John" suddenly in Bloemfontein South Africa, today is his funeral. Wendy's folks travelled yesterday from Durban, Amanzimtoti to Blom and will read wendy's reminisce out at the funeral. Unfortunately Uncle John never got to meet our daughter Hope.........and we never got to say goodbye..................

End of the fourth chemo session, I've  been sleeping all day, but have managed to get out and take our  dog "Jack" for a walk in the woods. We got our labrador retriever "Jack" last year on Halloween night (Jack O Lantern) so he has been with us exactly a year. Jack seems to know something is wrong and would sit or lay by my side all the time if I let him. Jack still trys to get onto my lap as if he was still a pup (he is now 35kg's)

Warm bright sunshine but menacing black clouds all around. I'm feeling extremely lethargic probably due to the fact that my blood is being destroyed by the Oxaliplatin chemo drug. My white platelets have been reduced from a count of over 200 to less than 88 in 3 sessions, if this continues my next session will be deferred as the platelets will be less than 60 and no match for any infection that waits to invade. I have March 2012 in my mind as the end of the Chemo but if every three or four sessions get deferred I am looking at April or even May. Just got to remember the good that it's doing.

No comments: