Translate

Blog 63 Tuesday 29th November 2011

Last night 6pm, I had my appointment with Dr Macmillan in Northampton. As normal I was asked about the chemo drug side effect symptoms and severity. I explained one new symptom that had materialised and in fact I should have mentioned it on my last meeting at Halloween but neglected to do so..... Yes probably memory again............... Tinitus......... ( loud ringing in the ears)  it has affected me badly, but I did not consider it a side effect of the Chemotherapy drugs.  I had not been told it a possibility, or read it anywhere..

Dr Macmillan informed me that it was a very unusual and rare side effect, he appeared quite concerned. I was taken off Oxiliplatin drug immediately explaining that it was this drug that was the possible cause and it could lead to total loss of hearing if left. Today I went through all the other drugs and was hooked up to my 48hr IV infusion. So far I feel much better than usual at this stage..........................

I have since found that Ototoxicity is a condition of the ear that can be caused by platinum based drugs (Oxiliplatin falls into this category) I have a further appointment with Dr Macmillan in two weeks time to assess the condition after coming off the drug. I now believe I have suffered every single rare side effect as well as the "normal" side effects............................... a medical conundrum
 co·nun·drum/kəˈnəndrəm/

Noun:
  1. A confusing and difficult problem or question.
  2. A question asked for amusement, typically one with a pun in its answer; a riddle.

 Guinea Pig comes to mind.....


Wendy's Blog

I always new he was special and that is why I love him so.....however I have suggested that as he is such a conundrum, maybe he should be donated to science one day?

1 comment:

David Haas said...

Hello,
I have a question about your blog. Please email me!
Thanks,
David