Translate

Blog 57 Wednesday 9th November 2011

Miserable wet and cold days in England now, clocks have gone back to daylight saving, but still dark evenings and mornings. Makes me wonder why we ever moaned at the heat of the southern hemisphere. I had an appointment yesterday with Mr Waller (thoracic surgeon) he has ordered another CT scan towards the end of the chemo. It seems ages away but I'm sure the time will fly. Mr Waller came up with his thoughts of why I had chest pains that saw me at A&E and being admitted to Kettering hospital  Cardio-oesophageal reflex or Acalasia this can cause severe pain in the sternum not unlike a heart attack. A recent blog stated that Gaviscon was my friend, with the prescription that I have been given; Lansoprozole 30mg  hopefully, I will not need the Gaviscon. The above is just another severe side effect of the chemo drug Oxaliplatin and not very pleasant. Only 8 more sessions to go !!!!! Yay. Fingers crossed for next monday when my blood cells are counted to see if my next session will continue. 
 

No comments: