Translate

Blog 35 Thursday 15th September 2011

Unfortunately I was kept in hospital last night, unfortunately for Wendy as she had to leave the hospital at 10pm and return again this morning to pick me up in the Northampton rush hour. This also meant that she had to cancel a work appointment.

I came out of surgery at 8.30pm !! and was kept in the recovery for another half hour as my blood pressure was unusually high. During the procedure the anaesthetist kept me just under sedation, so when the surgeon spoke to me, I was able to garble a reply. With the sedation and the local anaesthetic all I felt during the procedure was a bit of pushing and pulling on the Porta Cath to get it into position. I was in surgery for fifty minutes but due to the lateness of the hour I was not discharged. I saw Mr Ratliff this morning and he said that during the surgery and sedation, I had apparently asked for "Another Gin & Tonic" I never drink Gin & Tonic!!

I   have also been contacted today by the 'Nurse at Home' service. I am having the Chemotherapy administered at home by local nurses which will be much better for all.  I am starting on the 19th September but firstly have to get blood tests

My new Porta Cath shows as a lump on the right side, where the previous illustration on the blog shows. It actually feels like a brand new pair of shoes, far too tight, needs wearing in, and sore as hell when you move.......  The good thing is the Porta Cath can take up to 1,000 needles before it needs replacing (no not all at the same time!!!!!) I am presently very relaxed about the whole thing, but also worried about the unknown.

Hope's blog

Daddy keeps showing me the thing that happend to him and it looks horrid and I don't want to see it again. Anyway hello everyone. I just wanted to say a quick I am so sad because I am goodbye.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep smiling old chap, otherwise we may feel the need to visit you again!