Translate

Blog 38 Thursday 22nd September 2011 - Chemotherapy Day Three - Session 1

Now it hits! Feeling nauseaus inspite of anti sickness drugs. Couldnt sleep, the IV was getting wrapped around my neck at one stage. Just generally larthargic and feeling like C**P ! The IV is to be removed today by the 'nurse at home service' but not until tonight at about  5pm. I have noticed that the surgery for the Porta Cath fitted into my chest to take the chemo drugs has started to become inflamed. If this gets to a stage of being infected, I must go back to Hospital for strong anti-biotics. I am feeling tired during the day but must not sleep. Take the dog out.......... Go to Morrisons food shopping, and I have an annual eye out patient appointment at Kettering Hospital. All the above finished, Its still only 2.30pm and I cant wait until 5.30pm.

This is only the first of 12 Chemo sessions, every two weeks until next March !!!! Mentally I'm sure this is going to test me and family but staying positive of how the drugs are killing the Cancer will overcome any anxiety I may get.

The Porta Cath must be purged every week for the first four weeks and his is destined for next week Wednesday then Bloods the following Monday and it all starts again. The nurse has turned up on time and very quickly removes the IV and checks the Ports Cath, thankfully its not infected, just a small trauma from the drugs on new scars.         

No comments: