Translate

Blog 39 Saturday 24th September 2011

I have been feeling extremely unwell over the last two days. lack of sleep during the Chemo session became a big problem and hit me on Thursday and Friday. I had to ask for something and the doctor gave me some Temazepam  It sure knocked me out, and allowed for a complete nights sleep. My nurse has told me to avoid sleeping tablets if possible. I will probably use the Temazepam during the chemo sessions if needed, it may make the daytime more bearable. Obviously the steroids prescribed to give me energy are doing just that but at the wrong times. Today we went to Rockingham Castle local country fayre and felt I had to sit down through breathlessness whilst simply walking. Luckily Hope was making a corn dolly at one of the craft stalls, it was great to watch her do this craft.   I couldn't even bring myself to have a pint of the real ale on offer !! in the beer tent.   This first session has really knocked me for six. Next week, I have a break from the chemo but will still be getting a visit from the nurse on Thursday to flush the Porta Cath through, ready for the next session...... One down ........Eleven to go..............  

No comments: