Translate

Blog 67 Monday 12th December 2011

http://tracking.technodesignip.com/?action=count&projectid=642&contentid=17524&referrer=-&urlaction=...

Previously, I have reported that one of my Chemo drugs Oxaliplatin, has given severe side effects which have effected me badly. I expected the side effects and was very prepared to endure them, knowing that the drug was doing me good in the long run. Today, my Oncologist, Dr MacMillan took me off Oxaliplatin for good, the Tinitus suffered was the last straw so to speak. It was explained that, it is not actually known how much Oxaliplatin is actually required with the other Chemo Drug fluorouracil (also known as 5FU) but studies in Glasgow Scotland The SCOT trial has been in operation since 2008 and will run to 2013, the trials are looking into benefits of comparing the Chemotherapy weeks from 24 to 12 weeks and reducing the drug Oxaliplatin and thus the side effects. My blood tests are good today and the white platelets are on the way up again. Looking forward to this weeks Chemo bring on session 7.........

Hope's blog

   and a happy new year!!!

No comments: