Translate

Blog 68 Thursday 15th December 2011

This weeks Chemotherapy has been much easier. In my treatment this week  I haven't been given the Magnesium Sulphate, Calcium Gluconate or Oxaliplatin the Magnesium and Calcium are used to assist the process of the the chemo drug Oxaliplatin. I was taken off these due to the Tinitus side effect previously mentioned. I am however still taking the anti sickness drug; Ondansetron and steroids Dexamethasone, Folinic Acid and main chemotherapy drug 5FU Fluorouracil which is taken by IV over 48hours from an attached pump into my chest via a porta Cath. Today this IV is  being removed at 13.30 Yeeaahhh free again. My next session starts on 26th December Boxing Day and yes the nurses have assured me that it will go ahead Christmas and holidays are normal days to them. They are fantastic,  Lets take a minute to applaud the medical profession in its entirety, that will be caring for the people  over this Christmas and new year period.



No comments: