Translate

Blog 72 Saturday 31st December 2011

Yesterday marked the end of my 8th Chemo session. I was in a forced sleep on and off  most of the day and in a constant state of nausea, despite taking the prescribed anti-nausea drugs. My thoughts yesterday for most of the time was with my sons and their mum Janice. As previously blogged, Janice my first wife is currently going through Chemotherapy and having a very difficult time with the side effects. She has been particularly effected lately, which left her unable to attend my eldest sons wedding reception on Christmas Eve. Thankfully, Janice was able to attend the church service. My sons lives are hectic, all in their 20's work in retail and the long hours that brings. They should not have the added pressure & worry about both their parents fighting cancer. Again, I consider myself lucky I still have both parents my father just celebrated his 93rd birthday !!

I have had a considerable response to my blog in 2011 given the cluster map visitations / locations over 3,000 page reviews and 22 countries and I thank you all for that.

If I can get just one message out there for 2012 it is from my previous blog 55. If you are over 45 years of age,  get yourself checked for bowel cancer,  that's when it started with me, although I was diagnosed incorrectly with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, at this time. Get a colonoscopy!!! Guy's get yer undercarriage checked, Prostate cancer kills a man every hour in the UK !!!! Testicular cancer primarily affects younger men and is the most common form of cancer in men aged between 15 and 44.

Ladies in my blog today and previously I mentioned that my first wife is being seriously effected by cancer this all started in her early fifties this has also devastated my three sons and family. Early diagnosis is vital to effective treatment.

Please check out the interactive  Cancer research UK website for signs and symptoms for early diagnosis.

I am wishing and praying for a Happy and Healthy New Year to you all.

No comments: