Translate

Blog 76 Saturday 7th January 2012

Ninth Chemo session on the 9th. My Ninth session is starting next week and I seem to be flying through them. I will be finished this session on Friday 13th January, then it will be the last two sessions to look forward to. As daunting as the prospect was of  going through Twelve weeks of Chemotherapy, I have found the side effects have been manageable, with all the drugs that have been administered to help. Originally, I found not being able to sleep at night was the worst and the pain of the reflux, both of these and the nausea have been managed well by my Oncologist and nurses. I have had my really bad days and nights and mentally every treatment has been challenging. Wendy has supported me throughout, it would have been very easy to fall into a spiral of "What Ifs"  had it not been for her.

I have taken inspiration from the various articles that I have read and the persons that have contacted me via this blog and Twitter as well as the many well wishers and family prayers. I have a CT Scan arranged towards the end of the treatment in February which I'm hopeful of good news.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

John so good to read you are clearing hurdles at the same pace as me and side affects manageable xx heres to good 2012

Unknown said...

Keep going old chap, when you are ready for a visit, we will come down to see you; unless you would all come up here for a weekend. Oh yes - Happy new year to you, Wendy and Hope.