Translate

Blog 78 Saturday 14th January 2012

Yesterday I took my three sons out to a pub lunch in the Oxfordshire countryside, it is very rare that I get the opportunity to have all three boys together as they are always working or have other commitments.  The conversation during lunch was all about their Mum, Janice. Janice is extremely poorly suffering from cancer and the after effects of the chemotherapy regime that she has been subjected to in the past few weeks. Jan's Chemotherapy is no longer working and no longer an option and she has now been moved from the NHS hospital in Oxford to a hospice nearby. From what my sons tell me the hospice offers a much better environment for their mum, than that of the busy hospital ward that she was on. Jan's dad, George and Sue are over from South Africa and her brother, Graham, and Gail are over from Australia. Janice, my sons,  and the family, are aware that the consultants have given a limited time to Janice.......... I feel so sad for all, especially for Janice and my sons enduring this travesty. Wendy and I, have continually offered support to the boys during this last few weeks and was glad of a few hours with them yesterday ..............this is such a difficult and traumatic time for them and all involved.   

No comments: