Translate

Blog 83 Thursday 26th January 2012

Today, Janice said goodbye to everyone, in a fitting tribute to her life. She was the only person smiling  at the St Mary's Church, Lower Heyford congregation. Janice was smiling from the photos, projecting from a screen, of her, meticulously prepared by Jonathan, our eldest son, from her early years, to her teen years and on to motherhood. It was a fitting way to remember her. Janice, the person that had been overwhelmed by cancer, which eventually took her life, was not the same person, smiling down from the screen and will always be remembered in that way, by all, and especially, in the hearts of my sons.

The church was packed with family and friends, George, Jan's dad. Jane, Jan's boss. Anita, Jan's friend from South Africa and Jonathan gave tributes.   The choir sang, and a reading from the bible John 14:1-6 was given spoken by the minister.  Music chosen by Janice "You raise me up" by Josh Groban and Jonathan chose "Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Collins, played. Janice kept smiling throughout the proceedings from the photos being portrayed on the screen and from the, 'order of service' prepared leaflets. Back at the house after the ceremony, quiet reflection.....and a chance to catch up with all the people not seen for many years...............As I left to return home, heavy snow started to fall and stayed with me for my journey. I felt for the family and friends starting their long journeys home.

To my sons.... Your mum wants you to remember her smiling this way and she will always be in your hearts. You should never of experienced this pain at your tender years but it will make you stronger, we all love and support you.............................................Dad x      

Hope's blog

Its really sad that my brothers mummy has passed on but she still lives in our hearts and always will do. Its really hard for me as I am only 9 years of age but we all have to go through those hoops of life. I cried my eyes out when I heard what had happened, I did kind of expect it because I had got told before and then to I was really sad. I'm just glad daddy's all better and wont end up like my brothers mummy.  Love HopeCrying face

1 comment:

Debbie said...

So sorry for your loss John and please pass this on to Johnathan,Mathew and Jarrod. Our thoughts are with you. Love Deb