Translate

Blog 77 Wednesday 11th January 2012

Elated that I am 2nd day into 9th treatment. Sunny and warm in the Midlands. Only had about 2 hours sleep last night which is usual for this stage of treatment. I was concerned at the blood results that came back as my liver function and kidney function tests were the worst since treatment has started, I also developed a pain in the general area of my kidneys. As usual the nurse was onto it straight away and sent the information directly to my Oncologist. Yes Yes Yes I am drinking pints of water to flush the system which is a must during the 48hr toxic drugs infusion.

During my bowel operation the surgeon took photographs of my Liver, Kidneys  and various other organs, including an apparent hernia that I did not know I had. On discussion after the surgery, My surgeon stated I had the Liver of a young man being very healthy looking and beautiful shape and colour, and said that I could start drinking alcohol. Wendy's jaw hit the floor and tore a strip of this young upstart of a surgeon stating her husband does not need any encouragement to drink alcohol!!!!!.
(warning pictures to follow)

I have met several sufferers that have had the cancer go from Bowel to Liver then Lungs for some reason mine missed the Liver ......for now.......... probably because my liver was infused with Cabernet  Sav.

Today I put a link on Twitter to  http://www.oncologynews.biz/latest.html Its got some good articles on Bowel, Breast and Prostate cancer research. It can get a bit Techy in places but behind the doctor speak very informative and shows how clever and committed these surgeons, professor's and doctors
are...........

Hope's blog!!!

Daddy does  alot for me so Iv'e decided to write him a poem shhhhhhhhhhhh.

Daddy daddy cleans all day, he does the dishes and shouts hooray, he goes upstairs and closes the door, he snoozes until half past 4, he comes downstairs feeling nice and bright and I say daddy you slept all night!
                         by Hope

No comments: