Translate

Blog 81 Monday 23rd January 2012

Janice's "Celebration of Life" will be held on Thursday afternoon this week.

This morning I have had two sets of Bloods taken by the nurse from the, at  home service, one set was as a result of my appointment with my Bowel cancer surgeon, El Rabaa last week and the other is the normal set taken prior to my chemotherapy tomorrow. I find it strange in this day and age that the results of one blood test cannot be viewed by the surgeon wanting the same results albeit in different towns but in the same county.

This is my 10th Chemotherapy session, which finishes on Thursday morning . I  have also got an appointment with my Oncologist, Dr MacMillan this afternoon, where I can discuss the Tinnitus, which is still plaguing me after the Oxaliplatin drug was removed, also I seem to be coming out in some weird looking deep purple marks on my skin, which needs to be identified and discussed.

At the end of my chemotherapy in March this year I have the option of keeping, or removing the "Porta Cath"  which has been inserted into my chest especially for the chemotherapy needles. I heard today that if I keep the Porta Cath, I will need the nurse to attend every week to 'flush' the system through.  It may not be my decision, but I would rather have it removed. Dr Ratliff was the surgeon that inserted the Porta Cath at the 'Three Shires Hospital' in Leicester and I assume in consultation with my Oncologist the deciding factor will be with the results of the final CT Scan......... 

2 comments:

deana said...

Dear John,
Sending hugs.

~Deana~

Tricia said...

You are all constantly in our thoughts and prayers x Bill & Tricia x