Translate

Blog 43 Tuesday 4th October 2011 Chemotherapy Day One Session 2

Hopefully, I can show the paraphernalia that goes with a Chemo session. The boxes on the table are full when they arrive, of  various IV's  Drugs and Folfuser. IV's and drugs for today and Folfuser for next 48 Hours. IV's and drugs today only took 4 hours to administer and fit the Folfuser.

I have started feeling far worse symptoms today, after the session than I did the first time. My appointment with Dr McMillan yesterday, confirmed that this may be the case going forward to the next 10 sessions. Headache has returned, discomfort in the mouth and throat,  especially when eating. Can't eat or touch anything mildly cold as severe pins and needles takes over with a burning sensation

The drugs and IV are all explained in my previous blog 36 and all carry side effects. One bit of good news my blood tests came back OK. I have been reading on Twitter that your Chemo session is suspended for two weeks if your white cells come back low or in some cases zero! Again I count myself lucky and wish those in that situation well and get those bloods back a.s.a.p.

No comments: