Translate

Blog 48 Monday 17th October2011

Start of my third Chemo session this week. Today I have had the bloods taken by the visiting nurse, who also asks loads of questions of the various intensity of the symptoms experienced on last session. I have had a week off from the Chemo which has gone very quickly, and am not looking forward to this week. As previously stated the symptoms were far worst the last time and the Doctor with a big smile on his face said "Yes, the side effects were bad but they will get Worst"..... eh..... don't you mean they will get better doctor?.......... "No (smiling) they will get worst" !........ I suspected that.. I have also had the results of the ultrasound scan last week on my hand and the one vein is completely blocked by a blood clot from the use of cannula's but at least the swelling is going down. Tomorrow the nurse is with me from 9am to 5pm as the entire Oxaliplatin regime is now being infused over an 8 hour period, then the 5FU Fluorouracil is given over a 48 hour period. The 8 hour infusion is because the Oxiliplatin effected me so badly the last time and just means that the Folinic Acid (Leucovorin) and Oxiliplatin will be set to drip through the IV at the same pace as each other but over a much longer period. (Day time TV here I come)


Hope's Blog Tuesday 18th October



Today my daddy had the folfusor well we call it a babys bottle ha,ha.Today the lid is pink last time it was reddish brown and the first time it was pink.Before I knew what colour it was going to be I guessed green and the last time he had it I guessed black.

No comments: