Translate

Blog 42 Monday 3rd October 2011

My memory is shot and I'm not talking laptop! How could I forget to use the EMLA anaesthetic cream prior to the nurse visit today, especially as I mentioned this in my last blog. This morning is blood tests prior to second session of Chemo. The needle used to access the Porta Cath is very small and has a slight bend but needs a fair amount of pressure to insert it, firstly to enter the skin and secondly to break through the membrane of the Porta Cath Again Ouchhh but this time it's my fault.




This is a wonderful device and certainly gives the veins in your arms a rest. The device is flushed with saline and then when bloods are taken or drugs by IV the Porta Cath has Heparin Sodium Flush injected this is an anti coagulant for the IV line. Last week I reported that the nurse could not draw blood via the Porta Cath which at the time was not a problem today was the same, so I was asked to rotate my shoulders and lift my arm up and down. Suddenly the phials started filling up, suddenly I saw myself performing this ridiculous ritual on "Worlds Funniest Videos" on the tv. Not ! no not even UTube!!

Later today, I have an appointment with Mr El-Rabaa my bowel cancer surgeon in Kettering for a follow up and later this afternoon an appointment with Dr McMillan my Oncologist in Northampton to see how the Chemo is going. Busy Busy Busy tomorrow Chemo starts again...................................round 2 .........ding!


Hope Naisbit : I'm not so sure about that white picture it looks quite yuk especially whats inside of you it gives me the shudders uhhh

No comments: