Translate

Blog 53 Friday 28th October 2011

Wow.......... not sure what I've just been through but it was not pleasant. I have been discharged from Hospital following a worrying 22 hours.We are still none the wiser. After the anti coagulant injections in my stomach, ECG, CT Scan, numerous blood tests and blood culture tests, no apparent reason was found for my chest pains. I arrived at A&E at 10pm I have never heard of "barrier nursing," but A&E  knew immediately that I was on Chemotherapy and I was treated like I had Leprosy, but treated in a good way.  I was isolated, but nurses with colds, for instance, were not allowed to nurse me and I was kept away from the general areas of A&E being kept in a side ward. Following initial tests, I was eventually taken to the main ward at 3am, again a private room and again with "Immuno compromised patient" labels on the doors which depicted a big "Stop" hand. I slept until 7.30 breakfast. The following 14 hours were intermittently interrupted by sleeping, eating and injections etc Unfortunately the hospital were not equipped to use the special equipment and needles the inserted Porta Cath needs, so back to, "Just a small scratch" scenario "don't say that, it actually hurts like hell" ! I had been looking forward to see Hope swim in her trials, for Corby swimming club,this had been arranged for last night at 7pm. I never did get to see her swim as I didn't get discharged until after 8pm but she passed with flying colours. Wendy has had to put her life on hold over the last couple of days with cancelled business appointments and juggling with work and Hope.  In a previous recent blog I said I didn't know what would happen if I had a few bad days whilst Hope was on half term holiday, Silly saying that really, as your loved ones always take over. Thanks Wends......................x

No comments: