Translate

Blog 49 Wednesday 19th October 2011 Chemo session 3 Day One & Two

Yesterday's Chemo session was a long day, total of 8 hours infusion. Finished at 6pm I felt extremely tired but was unable to sleep last night, especially as I was secured to the Folfuser IV. The IV (Yes Hope) resembles a baby bottle with a Pink lid. It fell on the floor, pulling on the Porta Cath. Got wrapped around my neck, pulled by Wendy turning over, and generally caused a nuisance. I eventually slept at 4am this morning, Wendy was out of the house by  6am, going to a 2 day convention in Daventry (that's what she calls it anyway). I was woken by the garbage and re-cycle truck at 8am. Luckily Sue (Wendy's mum) is still with us, so she took Hope to school. Half Term next week, Sue is back in South Africa, I'm not sure what I will be able to do with Hope, if I have a few bad days after half term. At the moment it's one day at a time. My blood results came back OK, but the white and red cells count have "Dipped" again which is expected, but analyzing and projecting the loss of these vital elements over the next 6 months, my Chemo will be suspended around January if the loss of the elements happens at the same speed.  Tonight, it's parents evening at the school, with Wendy away, I will go. I'm sure the conversation will be on, how Hope is coping at school and with my situation. I am hoping she has opened up to the teachers on how she is feeling. I had an interesting conversation with my oncology nurse yesterday, she was discussing how my bowel cancer ended up in my lungs but also how the disease, when being attacked by the Chemo drugs,  actually migrate to get away from the drugs and try to find a new home in other parts of the body (clever little bugger's ain't they) fortunately the cancer cells use the blood stream to migrate, hopefully then, the cancer cells will be stopped in their tracks there and then by the Chemo Police and zapppedddd . But you can never find a copper when you need one can you !!!!!!

No comments: