Translate

Blog 51 Wednesday 26 October 2011

Wendy's Blog

Midnight and sitting here worrying. John has not been well all day, breathless and clammy to the touch. This evening he was complaining about chest pains. Eventually after more nagging (why don't men listen the first time), he phoned the nurse at home 24 hour help line. He explained his symptoms to the nurse and then we had to wait for another nurse to phone back.... a more senior nurse. This then led to  a further phone call from Dr  MacMillan (Oncologist). Dr MacMillan's advice was to present John to Kettering A&E and John then left for the Hospital.

I can't go, Hope is fast asleep and we don't want to traumatise the poor child, she is going through enough. So here I am feeling tearful and alone. I have since spoken to him a few times and....

He was taken in pretty quickly and prepped for an ECG, this showed up a problem so he is being  admitted for further tests and scans. The one possibility is a blood clot! He sounds scared but I know that he is in the best place, I just wish that I could be there to hold my best friends hand, my husbands hand!

You know what the other frustrating thing is, he is more worried about  his car sitting in the car park at the hospital, than himself....again one word....MEN!!!!!!

No comments: