Translate

Blog 50 Saturday 22nd October 2011


Beautiful blue sky and sunny days in England during October, it looks like summer but the winds are now cold. Wendy's mum has now left us, returning for the warmer temperatures of South Africa and I must thank her for all the work she has done especially with Hope. Hope is now on school break for a week. Just finished my 3rd session of chemo which has been much better this time, the side effects have been less challenging due to the longer IV infusion. I have still found it impossible to sleep even with Tamazipam sleeping tablets, and have experienced the severe pins and needles sensation in the hands but all in all much better this time round. I'm having my next CT scan on Thursday 27th October for my thorax, abdomen and pelvis. The last time I had a CT was on my birthday 13th May when they found that certain "deposits" on my lungs had grown from 5mm to 11mm in the left upper lobe and Right lower lobe from 5mm to 8mm in just 3 months. This then led to my recent hurried operation. I have been given a CD of my entire CT scan and can easily pick out the offending "deposits"as they have been highlighted by a contrast agent that was injected prior to the scan. Next Thursday scan will hopefully give good news....................Glenfiddich tonight I think.

   

No comments: