Translate

Blog 54 Monday 31st October 2011

http://images.Quebles.com/hotmail/emoticons/1513874.gif
http://tracking.technodesignip.com/?action=count&projectid=642&contentid=http://images.Quebles.com/h...Happy Halloween !!

I've had my blood tests this morning in readiness for the chemo starting again tomorrow, this will be the fourth of twelve sessions. Hope is still on half term holiday(incept day) so was very interested when the nurse connected to the Porta Cath, but ran away quickly when the blood was drawn into the phials. My car tax has expired, which normally results in a long wait at the Post Office, luckily this can now be done on-line, I also have an appointment with my Oncologist Dr Macmillan in Northampton, a pumpkin to carve and trick or treating, not to mention Hope's swimming club training tonight. Phew!! lucky I'm semi retired.  The nurse that came to administer the blood tests today was the same nurse that answered my call to the health care at home service 24hr help desk last week ,when I had the chest pains. I cannot speak highly enough of this service and would recommend it to anyone going through Chemo or in fact anything that can be treated at home. We are fortunate enough to have a health care scheme from Wendy's employers that pays for this service. It takes out all the stress of travelling to and from hospital and the waiting that is inevitable involved.  Not looking forward to this weeks nausea and tiredness that is also inevitable.  Tomorrow I will be out of commission all day wired to the iv drips for a total of 56 hours YuuuckK !!

Glad to see the daily visitors on the cluster map from around the world, makes me feel that I'm not actually rambling along talking to myself!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well now John - you are rambling (as always) but as you correctly comment, you are not alone!
We are still here, and thing of you all......

Niki B said...

Hi John, been following your blog (link given by Bill Chapman), wishing you well for the next set of treatments, all the old Delta Rats say hi!
Niki Babington 741DR